TOTAL BODY Workout Routine for Beginners

Get started on the right track with a complete weight training workout.

Total Fitness Bodybuilding Workout App: http://leehayward.com/app
Free Workout Program: https://leehayward.com/muscle-building
Free Bodybuilding Diet: https://leehayward.com/diet
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/total.fitness.bodybuilding
Lee’s Blog: https://www.leehayward.com/blog
TFB Inner Circle: http://www.totalfitnessbodybuilding.com

In this beginners program we’re going to perform a total body workout routine, training all your major muscle groups, through the basic movement patterns.

– Vertical Pulling
– Vertical Pressing
– Horizontal Pulling
– Horizontal Pressing
– Arm Extensions
– Arm Curls
– Leg Press
– Abdominal Crunch

This will help to develop all the major muscle groups of your body and get you started on the right track to building muscle, burning fat, increasing your strength and energy.

With each exercise I want you to start off very light and build up gradually. For your first warm up set just go through the motions. Focus on doing the exercise with a full range of motion and proper form. Then after each set evaluate how the exercise felt, if it feels easy increase the weight for your next set. Do 3 sets total sets of at least 10 repetitions per set. Starting light and increasing the weight with each set.

Don’t feel embarrassed about lifting light weights and doing warm up sets. Even top level bodybuilders will start each exercise doing lighter weight warm up sets before lifting heavier weights. Use your lighter warm up sets to make any needed adjustments with the height of the seat, handle positions, etc. So that you’re comfortable for your heavier working weight sets.

It’s very important to pace yourself when starting a new workout routine. A big mistake that a lot of beginners make is trying to do too much, too soon. But all this is going to do is cause unnecessary aches, pains, and soreness while increasing your risk of injury.

The best advice I can offer you, is to take it slow and steady. There will be lots of time later on to push yourself with more intensity. But for now master the basics and get comfortable with doing the exercises.

Here’s The Entire Beginners Total Body Workout:
========================================

*Warm up with 10 minutes of cardio, preferably something that moves your entire body such as the rowing machine or the elliptical machine with the moving arm handles.

Lat Pull Downs: 3 sets of 10+ reps

Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 10+ reps

Seated Rows: 3 sets of 10+ reps

Chest Press: 3 sets of 10+ reps

Tricep Push Downs: 3 sets of 10+ reps

Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets of 10+ reps

Leg Press: 3 sets of 10+ reps

Abdominal Crunch: 3 sets of 10+ reps

*Cool down with 10-20 minutes of walking on the treadmill. I recommend walking on an incline to help reduce the impact on your joints and add some natural resistance from walking up hill.

Follow this workout routine every second day, or 3 days per week.

On your off days from weight training do some extra cardiovascular exercise, such as going outside for a walk. The combination of doing weight training one day and cardio the next is a great way to combine muscle building and fat burning into your workout routine.

This schedule also helps with your recovery because walking is a gentle form of exercise that’s not going to break down your muscles. Instead it will provide some active recovery while burning body fat.

To help you learn more about how to build muscle, burn fat, and get in your best shape. I recommend that you download a copy of my Free e-book: “The 3 Keys To Building Muscle” at:

The 3 Keys To A Successful Fitness Program are:
– Training
– Nutrition
– & Mindset

This free e-book will show you how to combine all 3 so that you can reach your personal fitness goals.

Just click on the link below to download your copy today:

1. adam peers says:

Very good and simple guide for a total beginner had induction and that was even intimidating but 2019 is my year to shine so this will defo be my 1st session routine
    Thanks

2. Kyle Snoddy says:

Great vid. Unfortunately at my gym there is no ab crunch machine so I had to compromise on other exercises for abs. What do you think of Hiit on the treadmill after workouts? I'm currently trying to lose weight while gaining muscle and wanna know it's good or bad?

3. Johnny Penso says:

IMO the bicep curl and tricep push down are not an efficient use of time. Some kind of weight assisted dip would be a more thorough workout of the back and triceps and the dumbell curls are not necessary for strength training. The weight assisted pull-up/dip machine saves some time by letting you do those two push/pull exercises back to back and works out far mor muscle groups that just biceps and triceps. Other than that, well done.

4. cory south says:

I am starting working at the gym at 38 years old and after horrible car accident. Out of all the videos I've seen yours breaks down things and makes it easy to understand

5. Vertego says:

ever notice every expert on the internet all have differing opinions on how to lose weight and eat healthy

6. mark1952able says:

Was it mentioned how many days a week one should do this?

7. After being out of the gym for 4/5 weeks I really felt I needed a guide to getting back on track and this is just what I needed, thank you.

8. Slim says:

stronglifts 5*5 is a much better novice program

9. Wish I saw this befor I made a tit out of my self, when I started back recently. 😂😂😂

10. Laz Gibbard says:

How long should you rest in between each set of reps?

11. be_dreaming says:

Can you do this consecutively 4 days a week? For about 6 weeks?

12. Edwin Molina says:

Can i use this program for training 2 days a week??

13. Thanks Lee I'm not intimidated as much as just don't know what to do. I have a " gym" on my apt complex most of these exercises are available in machines there. Can I use kettlles in place of the dumbbells. That's my only question at the moment. Joining gym and your channel soon….thanks again

14. Kyle Gainer says:

I don't think my gym has a rowing machine. Any alternative to that particular workout you would recommend?

15. Bay Liv'n says:

How would you spilt this routine up into a 2 day routine instead of a one day?

16. midnight oil playing in the background. good aussie band. nice

17. PilotsEye76 says:

Great video. Thank you! Works great to get back into working out, or as a general full body workout. I use it 3-4x a week.

18. Ernest Paul says:

I'm 60 years old and have gained apx . 80lbs of blubber due to CHF and medication over the last 3 1/2 years. Also diabetic. So now at 310lbs my heart is to the point where I can start some weight lifting in moderation. Have already been back in the pool doing water resistance exercises. Have been looking for an example of how to get started in the gym and this video is perfect for my needs. This exercise routine, the pool and IF should get me moving down the road to being back at 230, if not lower. I am 6' with a large frame. Thanks for doing this for those of us that were not sure on where to begin.

19. Very helpful and great video.