Osteoporosis Exercises for Spine Strength and Posture

Osteoporosis exercises for spine strength and posture with Physiotherapist Michelle Kenway from http://www.pelvicexercises.com.au These osteoporosis exercises strengthen the middle back and aim to improve bone health and prevent osteoporosis vertebral fractures by improving your posture and spine strength.

These exercises for osteoporosis help you improve your posture and strengthen your postural muscles to help you stand tall and prevent slumping forwards. The specific strengthening exercises for your middle back promote good posture, improve bone health and reduce the likelihood of osteoporosis related vertebral fractures of the middle back

For more osteoporosis exercises see Michelle’s You Tube video on osteoporosis exercises for hip strength at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iL9_PQCnJw or refer to Michelle’s Bone Fit for Beginners DVD http://www.pelvicexercises.com.au/pelvic-exercise-products/pelvic-exercise-dvds/osteoporosis-exercises-physiotherapist-dvd/

1. madam can you make video for muscular dystrophy patient. …for spinal care please. …thanks

2. MY SISTER ALSO OSTEOPOROSIS GIVE ME THE BEST SOLUTION PLS

3. Mahesh Dutt says:

talking so much….doing little

4. Dorothy Tom says:

Meaningful part of video starts 2 minutes in.

5. Great exercises and knowledgeable gal but is it me or does is sound like she is saying that you can sit on a stool or a "pitbull"????

6. Michelle, since these exercises are done with weighs, should they be done every other day or everyday. Thank you for your information.

7. Element Air says:

Is this really ok to do with osteoporosis? It looks like the back is in extension (bent over).

8. laura Calci says:

Following your exercises for spine strength but, I cannot get the sound. What can I do to get sound? Please help, these are excellent.

9. Thanks Michelle for this video. what Do you recommend the size of dumbbells that I can use since I just started?

10. Pooja Reddy says:

Madam arm excercise pls

11. Ellen Fong says:

You guys are the best. You've taught me so much.

12. Michelle I have been searching for these exercises.I have advanced osteoporosis with multiple lumbar fractures and a lot of discomfort and a 5 pound limit for lifting. Glad I found you.

13. Im waiting go spine specialist, idk what to do i got fractred L5 and broke tailbone but aftr 9 months discovered something about the way my tailbone is broke so they said hold off in exercise. im in so much pain. im wondering if my L4 went down cause of there stupidy.

14. thank you for taking the time to do these vids!

15. Montery12 says:

Ms. Kenway:  Patients in your care that you knew had been diagnosed with having spondylosis; will you still adjust the low spine and will it be safe to do so.  Please explain.

16. Michelle,  Thank you so much for this information.  I am very interested in the exercises for Spine Strength.  I checked outwww.pelvicexercises.com.au….but isn't that just pelvic exercises.  How may I tap into more information for spine strength.The video cut off before you were able to demonstrate the third exercise on the mat?  I would be happy to purchase a CD if one is available?  I just had a bone density test and have significiant spinal bone loss and am on a mission to improve this.Thank you so much, Carla

17. Diana vargas says:

Thank you so much for this video! You are a wonderful instructor!!

18. the most important thing you can do is weight bearing exercise if you have osteoporosis
    I highly recommend using the weight vest , I like the one by nyknyc . it is so easy to get stronger bones with the vest just put it on and walk. also drink raw milk it will give you strong healthy bones and teeth. lifting barbells is a bore and time consuming

19. Joe Mazzotta says:

great exercises! My back and posture are in bad condition. I am going to use your routine to help me get back in shape. Thank you!

20. Hi thanks for your qn! The key elements for promoting bone growth aside from resistance exercises are calcium supplementation (if deficient) & Vitamin D. Also good to see an endocrinologist who may assist with hormone deficiencies. There are many causes of osteo aside from inherited tendency & it is always good to understand why in your case. The good news is that with appropriate resistance training women women can delay the decline in BMD and some can increase it. Best of luck! Michelle

21. Thank you Michelle. I was just diagnosed and I'm pretty upset, but know I need to take charge of my bone health. Do you ever recommend medications or natural treatments to help "grow" bone?

22. karen glenn says:

I've just had my 2nd fracture, this time my T5? vertebrae. As soon as I check with my Dr I'm going to start this exercising as I'm desperate to improve my bone density. I have Lupus also and am getting frustrated with my movement difficulty. It's like a 85 year old body with a young 53 year old head attached. Thank you for this!