Exercise for People Over 60 – Your Exercise Routine

Brian Stecker shares a great exercise routine for people over 60. Follow along to start seeing results for yourself!

Get your workout routine by clicking here http://tinyurl.com/j4by7a3

For more great fitness resources click herehttp://www.boomerfitness.com

1. Jay Barnett says:

Apparently my generation sucks. Im 62, lift, box, minimum 100 pushuos a day 5 days a week.
    So glad this guy is getting Old Folks up and moving. I do take MSM every day and swear by it. Hope you all stick to this program and get bad to the bone! Gods peace.

2. Anne Brady says:

I'm 61 and a masters swimmer. I see so many people at pool who I can help with stroke etc . But the women are snarky and men are scared of me. some chat nicely, but they act like I'm just different.i am very discouraged about helping folks.i have healed my autonomic nervous system thru simple exercise and diet. it seems like people wear their problems like a badge of specialness……any suggestions. I'm working on vs content for senior swimmer.i am actually one of fastest backstroke in world for my age. skill and discipline are key. But few care.

3. Anne Brady says:

At least not in bad shape like most.

4. Anne Brady says:

It is obvious you are not 60

5. Paul May says:

Agree with Donna Sue below. With steel in spine, I can do these.

6. Hi there says:

This is bullshit. Most older folks can't do half of those.

7. col smith says:

Thank you so much as this is what l enjoyed as l am needing a full work but doing it at home and trying to improvise with what l have l have fitness buy need to build up gradually as l run into issues with a trainer and fractured my wrist and then pushed myself hard to l become sick so now as there are no machines home l have no temptations. Thank you once again

8. Joyce Dunlap says:

I have a unique problem that I cannot seem to find the answer to. Perhaps you can help???? I am 75 years old, have lifted weights for more than 50 years and worked up to some pretty heavy weights with every body part that I worked on. Since I have been doing intermittent fasting for 10 months, I finally was able to lose those last 20 pounds and feel great. However, I have lost a lot of strength!!!!??? I had to lower all my weights. It is discouraging. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. I am in the gym faithfully 5 days a week doing mild cardio then lifting for a total of 2 hours each workout. Do I need to make any special adjustments in my macros now that I am 75???? An example from my diary is : 10% carbs, 71% fat, 19% protein. I only eat Whole Foods, not processed….Can you make any suggestions?…..This is very frustrating…..Thanks….Joyce

9. vwbug1971 says:

With IBS and hiatal hernia, it is not easy to find exercises that don't manipulate the hernia or demand diets that aren't possible. A former back surgery, too, causes me to pause.

10. veedub447 says:

How would someone who is 25 have any idea what it is like to stay in shape over 60?

11. Really enjoyed this video … found it engaging and motivating.

I’ve trained, to a degree, most of my life, from 18 to 48. Then I fell/slipped backwards on ice, automatically put my arm back, to break my fall, and this horrific pain shout straight up my arm yo my shoulder … first time I have ever witnessed pain travel. Needless to say I actually ripped my right side rotator cuff, couldn’t move my arm for weeks. Had so much therapy, cortisone injections, massage, and about three years on, I was able to start gentle exercises with bands … this whole issue, injury, set me back years, it was about ten years until I could use the whole range of motion again with my shoulder. I get nervous just looking at ice now 😣

I started using kettlebells and suspension straps … now I’m 62, and wonder what the possibilities are of regaining a little muscle toning, weight loss. I need to get my motivation back, I have my own equipment etc …. any tips please 👍🏻

12. Fred Gardner says:

Starts at 205 .. this

13. I am 59. Been in different sports since I was a kid. So I mix work out up, toss in some periods of heavy lifting w lighter higher rep time frames.
    Take away for me is we're all at different levels and we should do what works for us, and always remember, even if you're 50 or 60 and just starting out, you're doing more than most and should remember how huge a positive that is alone.

14. I am 60 and have done up to 300 miles per week cycling for decades ( high intensity long duration cardio) and am slim and have no joint or any other pain whatsoever and never have. I also cycle time trial and race at a high level still, so classing people the same, because of their age isn't correct, everybody is different.

15. Pattie Hanes says:

Ive got lower back problems can you help?

16. VKathryn K says:

I would like for him to do 4 of each exercise when he is demonstrating them rather than 2… the 2 goes by a little too fast for this old person to internalize!

17. Fay Ryuujin says:

start at time 2 minutes

18. Bader Munir says:

Brian, u have to have gym machines to do the exercise..

19. Dazzy Hassan says:

Good work, but a lot of talking at the beginning of the video

20. thank you. Been through some very bad things that caused me to stop. I'm 64. Looking at this video it has inspired me to work this system. Thank you for showing me a way forward. I have no idea how it will go, but I am going to work it.

21. bi0lizard1 says:

I’m only in my 40’s but I have so many preexisting injuries and I’m out of shape that I couldn’t do the workouts recommended in any of the over 40’s workout videos. So I came here. These are much more appropriate; even for those of us who aren’t quite yet 60.

22. Great video. Do you have a video or program using bands or tubing?

23. Not all people over 60 need these weak exercises.

24. Thanks for thinking about 60 plus people. It's a great job u r doing.Thanks by heart from india

25. Roger Shortt says:

Like it Brian, I started this 2 weeks ago, for my warm ups before I ride my bike.
    feels great after a 5 mike ride.

26. KARAN7497 says:

Great  video. Exercise is the best medicine . eat moderately vegetables, lean meat and beans and stay away from salty  foods, white flour and sugar and you will live healtheir longer life and compliment people , love animals , use hygiene and speak the truth. Its that simple.

27. Hi.
    I am 58 yrs lady and i am90kgs .i hv knee pain.i do lttl leg raise n push ups .i hv a very normal veg diet.i need to lose weight. Pl hlp

28. thanks I will try these exercises.

29. Good thing for old people . Thanks dear

30. As you age adjust your between rep and between session time. I mean take longer time there. Take care of form so as not to stress joints. That's it

31. satish pande says:

Too much talk in the beginning..attention span reduces in old age..

32. Patrick S says:

Swimming, and bench press, and light walking – some grip and torsion bar exercises on the side. What I'm aiming for is pull-ups and push-ups. I'd be happy doing 20 of either. Sit-ups ain't a problem with me, I've been naturally endowed since youth. Mostly my problem is weight, pulling 200Ibs, and pulling 150lbs are very different propositions.

33. To me it doesnt seem hard enough. Maybe someone who has never trained. Everyone i guess is at a different level. First thing is flexibility. Then progressive increase in weight by correctly performing strength exercise. Plus diet and consistency.

34. Janis James says:

Vitamin Fish the best for over 50s .
    Sex is best. You can dance and you can walk.
    The rest is enjoy yourself what more do you want.

35. N R says:

On a push-up does my chin or chest have to touch the floor

36. N R says:

Squats are out for me I have knee arthritis.

37. I am changing my routine to exercise and nutrition thank you for sharing these routines with older folks. Are you in Chicago?