Paraplegic Weight Lifting Workout Routine

In this video I explain different weight lifting exercises I do to stay in shape. This is obviously not a comprehensive video but hopefully it shows a few exercises you can do from a wheelchair.

1. Thank you so much for your videos! As an Occupational Therapy student, it can be very hard to visualize what life looks like for people post-injury. Your videos help a lot with that!

2. please make an app. Also, can you include your diet on this app/ workout plan?

3. bbyshady says:

Thanks for putting yourself out there man. Your videos are very helpful for learning how to deal with this type of injury!

4. greg mcp says:

Put a kettle bell or dumbbell on your foot plate heavier than your weight your doing should stop you from going into a wheelie

5. Flo Perez says:

Awesome video!!! You're badass man.πŸ’ͺ

6. dukessl13 says:

Am t6 do you take any pre workout supplements I have hard time focusing at the gym πŸ˜…

7. Komi says:

These videos have been useful for me to help my younger sister workout. Thanks for making them!

8. These moves are ok but you really need to work on abdominal part as it droops over time. As a paraplegic l know that it is the most difficult part to handle. I would love to see if you have any tricks in order to prevent this prolapse.

9. Kidat4ft says:

This is cool because is hard trying to workout when we’re in a disabled state with our body. Really hinders what we can do but this is helpful

10. dear coach,
    when i was two years old, i got polio attack on my right side of body, due to this the joint bone of shoulder and arm has been damaged.
    I can't raise up and stretch to of my arm.
    Could you suggest me some exercise for biceps, triceps and shoulder i do gym on regular basis.

Zainul Abadin
    @t
    +91 9811858708

11. Donald Short says:

Yes, keeping active when you have a physical injury or disability helps the body stay flexible. Not working out makes the muscles tightened up making mobility more difficult. You also slow down the progress of arthritis in your joints and help your circulation stay flowing. Good workout man. ☺

12. Duane says:

Great Video, Cool tip on keeping the bar low.

13. I have to say as a Low Quad and an Ex body builder. Your completely backwards on what muscle groups your working. As pushing in a wheelchair your constantly using, deltoid, Traps, Infaruspinatus, Teres Major, and Triceps if you have them. your working chest and front front and Anterior Deltoid in most your begening lifts.

14. Hey my name is Nathan and I have a YouTube channel you might like I do you do adapted workouts as well here is one of my videos have a link get them below. (Legs and core Home exercise)Adaptive Home workouts with The Wise Grasshopperhttps://youtu.be/AU_K__M1F_U

Don’t forget to subscribe

15. I see you Queen keep being encouraged be blessed we can do all things through I've been wheelchair-bound for 11 years I've mastered it!!!

16. Sweet Tea says:

You're so strong. It's hard to believe that you did all that with just your arms and not your chest and abs! Really cool. πŸ™‚

17. showing me that there's not much you cant do once your into it bro..!!! Hella strong arms you must have..! heh..???
    😍😍😍 _ l&r's to ya bro* πŸ’‹β€

18. working out & keeping fit is SEXY & HOT af bro..!! πŸ†πŸ†
    just hadda say…πŸ’‹

19. I was at the gym today and was searching for tips since I'm paraplegic as well and always want to learn more…i found it funny cuz people think I'm crazy working out in jeans haha.

20. Anna F says:

Excellent video!! I send you lots of kisses!πŸ˜ƒ

21. Crazy World says:

Are you using facebook?

22. Great video! For anyone whose spinal injury affects their grip our gripping aids could help do your workout! http://www.activehands.com/shop/
    In fact looks like we use a lot of the same exercises https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyFKvKjGNNs

23. I'm a T10-12 incomplete due to tethered cord syndrome, and this video is really helpful in giving me a few ideas of exercises to do, as I am looking into going to the gym more. Thanks for this!

24. Tin Nguyen says:

When you bend over like that you don't have problem with leakage?

25. Matty C says:

Great video! Our workout routine is damn near identical.

26. Thanks for your workout ideas….I am a trainer and workout with a guy whose injury is similar to yours…so hard to come up with fresh ideas…thank you so much!

27. hi , I just want to know how do you control belly not to get fat ? what do you do ? Please let me know.

28. Cohen Hix says:

Thank you! I've been looking for a good video to help me get started with a wheelchair workout I can do from home πŸ‘πŸ»

29. James Smith says:

you're fucking badass. You look like you lift. Work your chest too. Get big!! haha. Love your vids

30. How long do you typically spend at the gym with your workouts? I'm a t4 complete injury for only 8 months now looking for a gym and I'm just wondering how long I might spend there

31. Parat8t9 says:

Really helpful! Thanks for sharing.

32. Nuttayhead18 says:

Hi im Amber and ive been parayzed from the chest down for about 3 years now due to a car accident not only a few days after my highschool graduation. I've came upon your videos and you're such an inspiration. You're a very strong person mentally and physically. Keep up the good work. God bless you

33. Jon Doe says:

I live in a small town so my Y doesn't have a lot of handicap accessible machines. I could always transfer, but I find it easier to just do free weight

34. stonecoldtrk says:

How do you keep your jeans up? I've yet to even wear jeans because buying the good ones for para's are so expensive πŸ˜›